HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry.
As the Director, Planning and Scheduling - HBO Max, EMEA, you will build and lead the team responsible for the timely delivery of assets and the scheduling of new content on HBO Max EMEA.
This team understands what content is coming to HBO Max (via HBO Originals, HBO output deals, HBO Max originals, European LOP’s and 3rd party acquisitions) and works with the HBO Max Content Analysis and Optimization, Editorial and Publishing and Growth Marketing teams as well as the WM Programming & Local Original Productions and Operations teams to determine when the best time to schedule new content for the platform and how it will be published, ensuring that assets are received and ready to be published (or need to be edited/fixed before an asset is ready for the platform).
From a strategic and functional perspective, you will work hand in hand with the WM International Programming team on finalizing the short- and long term planning of content availability for HBO Max, leveraging internal (viewership, user behavior metrics) and external data (research, competitive benchmarks), to create the most attractive and effective schedules for our customers and an offering reflecting the brand, values and strategic objectives of HBO Max.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the development and implementation of the schedule, prioritising all short- and long-term planning and scheduling activities across HBO Max EMEA in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Play a strong advisory role to senior managers on the content mix needed to produce consumer-focused and competitive schedules, that ultimately help drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Build, motivate and manage a team of regional schedulers, content operations and account managers – identifying best practice and encouraging continuous improvement across the team; build collaborative relationships with the Global HBO Max Content team across other key regions
- Build and maintain an inventory database and tracking system to provide management with oversight of content availability on HBO Max in terms of volume, mix of genres, quota fulfilment working closely with the WM International Programming acquisitions team on content gaps
- Monitor regional trends & consumer preferences, track industry trends, monitor content rights, and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s schedules to inform decision-making
- Create a system and process to augment content descriptions and themes to enable editorial collections and creations and to facilitate filtering for Data Insights and Planning’s content data reports
- Develop both the short and long-term content planning for HBO Max EMEA using real-time data, hypothesis-testing and ROI analyses
What we're looking for:
- Substantive experience in a DTC media/entertainment company in a content/planning/strategy/analytical role, including multicultural leadership
- Analytical mindset, and an ability to create valuable insights from user behavior data to inform content decisions and planning
- Ability to identify key facts, trends and issues; anticipate problems and propose solutions; and to manage large volumes of information and identify salient points
- Familiarity with content licensing models, originals production process, and the TV and film ecosystem at large. Ability to effectively represent data-based and consumer-focused content recommendations and requirements
- Sound editorial judgment and ability to advise on how to improve or shape the editorial of a new content idea to maximize its performance
- Expert understanding of short, medium, and, long term tactical scheduling strategies gained through experience in digital
- Excellent IT skills, particularly around spreadsheets and bespoke scheduling software
- A digital media maven, and rare combination of "thinker" and "do'er" paired with a strong aptitude for understanding content strategy. Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a passion for entertainment,a keen interest in industry trends and a deep understanding of changing viewer habits
- Detail oriented, with experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to optimise the content schedule and communicate ideas
- Energetic, positive, resilient leader with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among complex global and cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment. Able to lead and develop a team, build a shared vision and manage performance to achieve objectives