HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021
Posting Job Description
The Manager, Brand and Content Marketing is a dynamic thought-leader energized by ambitious, creative ideas and storytelling. In this role, you’ll drive the development and execution of high-profile innovative and culturally relevant brand and content marketing campaigns that align with both show-specific and brand-level objectives to drive awareness, consideration and business goals. This Manager role will oversee Brand and Content Marketing, elaborating market specific strategies. We are seeking an experienced professional, inspiring and creative leader who can bring sharp, sophisticated thinking to the team while elevating executional excellence both internally (strategies, presentations, cross-functional collaboration) and externally (campaigns, creative assets).
- Lead cross-platform, cohesive brand and content marketing campaigns across original and acquired programming that tie into the overarching European strategy.
- Build show and brand awareness and drive subscriptions and consumption, overseeing budget allocation and media buying activities that drive the awareness KPI.
- Develop the creative and go to market strategy for original productions, working closely with production teams, show creators and internal stakeholders.
- Ideate and lead impactful Brand and Content activations and stunts in collaboration with PR, Social Trade marketing teams to generate show and brand awareness and effectively impact business goals.
- Proactively manage timelines to ensure on-time deliverables, identify potential roadblocks and adjust to mitigate risks and ensure campaigns run smoothly.
- Oversee deliverables and communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Cross-functional collaboration with other key teams: Creative Services, Acquisition marketing, Trade Marketing, Social Media, CRM, PR, Original Productions, Legal, Editorial & Programming to ensure creative and messaging is cohesive and consistent, as well as communicating relevant information each department must know
- Cross-functional collaboration with other European regional leads and Creative Services to launch and localize pan-European brand and show-specific campaigns.
- Proactively manage and track marketing budgets to ensure most effective spend across campaigns.
- Manage up to ensure Executives are kept informed.
- Bachelor's degree; Solid experience in brand and content marketing in the entertainment industry; with management experience leading teams in developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- A creative and strategic thinker: strong experience leading memorable marketing campaigns: from strategy to implementation.
- Must have working knowledge of media planning, research, and OTT services.
- Strong strategic and creative skills, organization and communication skills are crucial.
- Must have an ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be a team player with a collaborative approach to the business by influencing and communicating brilliantly across cross-functional and matrixed organizations at all levels.
- A genuine, enthusiastic and passionate fan of HBO with excitement for our content and product.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The Nice to Haves
- Experience in entertainment marketing, ideally within an entertainment company with emphasis on premium/streamer environment or a movie studio.
- Specific experience launching entertainment series either from the programmer side or the agency side; Experience supporting a direct to consumer service desired.