HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
We’re looking for a passionate social media expert to drive our social media presence in Europe. In this position, you’ll be a part of an exciting journey working side by side with a highly skilled and driven, multicultural team.
- Your main KPIs will be driving acquisition at efficient cost, driving channel engagement, subscriber retention and reach.
- You’ll be working closely together with the Pan-European social media sales team of HBO Max (15 people) spread over 13 countries as well as with your local colleagues in Marketing, PR, Brand, and CRM.
- You’ll be reporting to the Social Media Sales Director in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- This role is giving you a great opportunity to manage social media channels for HBO MAX across relevant platforms.
- As part of the HBO MAX EMEA social media team, you are the manager and owner of your Social Media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter – and will manage the launch of any new, relevant channels.
- Main tasks include initiating, creating, planning, managing, executing, and evaluating pan-European social media sales and retention campaigns for our tentpole series including our Local Original Productions (LOPs) in close collaboration with the other functional teams.
- For LOPs, you will work with the social media presence of and relation with local talent - as well as create a full content suite and extensive campaign for social media.
- For new tentpole series and LOPs, you will conduct audience research to create relevant target groups and ensure top acquisition results.
- You will create tailored, out-of-the-box content producing in collaboration with our in-house design team and the Pan-European creative team.
- You work creatively with the content of the service to build awareness, drive engagement, conversation, retention, and acquisition on social media.
- You will create and execute pan-European sales and retention campaigns on title and brand level, and you will manage, test, optimize and evaluate these campaigns across social platforms.
- You will own the daily interaction with our fans, customers, and prospects working closely with the customer service team, ensuring they’re informed, engaged, and following our tone-of-voice.
- You will be responsible for listening to, engaging with, and influencing – our fans, prospects, and customers on social media.
- You will monitor and report on audience sentiments and trends internally.
- You will stay on top of social media creative trends and ensure top level social media marketing campaigns locally and on a pan-European level.
- Solid experience in the industry.
- A degree in marketing, communication, media arts or other similar training.
- High general knowledge within the field of entertainment and TV series, movies.
- Skilled and knowledgeable within marketing technologies, social media trends and channels.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbally.
- Experience working with community management tools such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Falcon or similar.
- Passionate about entertainment, social media, and creating growth.