HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Subscriber Acquisition for EMEA, this role will be responsible for executing on the D2C Subscriber acquisition strategy for HBO Europe. By driving streaming subscriptions, the team is contributing to maximizing paying subscriber and has a direct impact on HBO revenue.
Your main responsibility is driving acquisition of new subscribers to our services by focusing on the full customer journey and using a blend of analytical thinking, knowledge of the latest marketing tools combined with a strong creative sentiment.
You will directly manage all digital marketing activities, through our digital media agencies. You will work closely with the Brand Marketing, CRM & Social media teams, to build plans and align content across channels. The role is highly cross functional and some of your main stakeholders will be the Data and Business Intelligence team to model data, analyse trends and develop marketing solutions accordingly, as well as Product, Tech and the Content Experience teams
You will also be working closely with your manager who is the Director of Subscriber Acquisition for EMEA, where you will be supporting him with various projects and initiatives across Europe.
- Drive customer acquisition and brand consideration through digital marketing channels, always ensuring that business goals are met.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for D2C activities, utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Analyze online data and provide insights for optimization of overall marketing activities, find ways of improving customers’ life-time value, allocate budgets efficiently between channels and markets, drive improvements on registration funnels, improve content proposition and ensure the best audience strategy is always in place.
- Educate other departments leads on new technologies and advocate for a data-driven approach across the different areas of the business.
- Work closely with other marketing departments such as Brand/CRO/Social Media/CRM/PR to maximize revenue by increasing sales through various projects including coordinating 360º marketing campaigns for the launch of original productions.
- Ensure that Joint Business Plans set up with main media partners such as Google and Facebook are executed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for finding the right marketing technology for the region, followed by its implementation and education of relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other key non-marketing departments such as Business Intelligence/Product/Tech/Finance/Programming to explore new opportunities and adapt acquisition strategies accordingly.
- Manage and evaluate performance of all digital marketing campaigns, assess against business goals and constantly optimize performance by working closely with our digital marketing agencies.
- Ensure successful key relationships with
- C-executives and senior stakeholders within the company
- Within the marketing team: Social, Brand Marketing, Creative Services, CRM.
- Other teams: Finance, Data and Business Intelligence, Content Experience, Product, Tech
- Main external: marketing agencies, Google and Facebook, local media partners.
- Solid experience in digital marketing, working with channels such as search, video, display programmatic and social media.
- Proficient in English
- Results-oriented, with experience working with performance marketing and direct response campaigns but also strong understanding of upper funnel campaigns and how they impact brand and long-term sales.
- Strong Project Management experience, with the ability to work and drive projects across departments.
- Solid leadership skills, with ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders. Very strong presentation skills – experienced & confident at communicating.
- Excellence at prioritizing tasks and projects, by managing workload and requests efficiently.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting efficiently across channels and territories.
- Strong understanding of Web Analytics as well as of measurement and digital attribution.
- Very strong presentation skills – experienced & confident at communicating
- Passionate about new technologies and online marketing trends.
- Experience in managing the relationship with digital media buying agencies and external vendors.
- Experience from subscription business is preferred.
The Nice to Haves
Fluency in French or German will be a plus.
Bachelor or Masters in Marketing, Economics or a quantitative discipline, or other similar training.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera