Support & Administration – Madrid
We are hiring an Accountant to join our team in Madrid. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Finance team based in Stockholm and will serve as an important support partner to HR. You will be charged with all aspects related to the statutory demands and financial reporting for HBO España. You will also assist the Marketing team, HBO Portugal Accounting team, and HR when needed.
Your outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to work within a small team setting, and short learning curve will be critical to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities will include,
- Full statutory responsibility for the Spanish entity, including serving as liaison to E&Y and IVC, and preparing annual financial statements.
- VAT preparation, filing and reporting, including declaration of intracommunity TAX.
- Accounts Payable including: coding Spanish invoices, adding new vendors to Axapta, contacting vendors, preparing payments and backing up AP Nordic function.
- Management of all closing activities including general ledger, month-end reconciliations and accruals. Assist in closing process for Nordic group.
- Handling all cash, acting as liaison with Deutsche Bank and providing cash flow information.
- Management of T&E and maintenance of Fixed Asset register.
- Various HR tasks including: payroll, in cooperation with IVC, and support of HR team in Stockholm with benefits, pensions, etc.
- Serve as back up support for accounting in newly formed HBO Portugal.
You will report directly to the VP Controller of HBO Nordic (based in Stockholm) and will work closely with the Country Manager and Marketing teams in Spain, as well as, HR and Finance departments in Stockholm.
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as an accountant/controller in an international company
- Bachelor or Masters degree, in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar field of study
- Knowledge and accurate application of GAAP practices
- Payroll experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must
We are looking for a structured and organized person that pay special attention to details and have ability to meet regular monthly deadlines. You need to have the ability to grow and take on more responsibilities as required.
Does this sound like your next job? Send us your application today