Controller, Local Original Production Europe
We are hiring a European Local Original Production (LOP) Controller for our Stockholm office. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our local/sub-regional controllers, local producers and senior production executives to oversee the reporting process, manage production budgeting and accounting. You will also implement full internal control procedures across Europe, with an initial focus on the Nordic & Spain territories.
This is a senior position reporting to the VP Controlling for Europe and you will work closely with our different teams as well as the EVP of OP. It is a new role and as such will be very hands-on initially but with the remit to recruit and lead a team of sub-regional controllers for Nordic and Spain.
Key responsibilities will include,
- Supporting the production processes, prepare and interpret consolidated OP Production & Overhead budgets for Europe, along with Nordic & Spain
- Implement and set the process for administering and reporting the budgets for Nordic & Spain, as well as understand cashflow needs and timing for all European territories
- Manage and administer the central Green Light process for fiction and the acquisition of IP rights across Europe
- Prepare a summary of relevant legislation regarding tax rebates/subsidies and assist with the planning, execution and administration across Europe. Ensure that legal risk is minimised and local legislation is complied with
- Cooperate with multiple stakeholders, including Finance & OP managers, to implement and execute internal control procedures embedded into each of the production processes
Initially and before you have hired a local controller based in Nordic and in Spain, you will work hands-on, executing daily and monthly operational procedures in relation to Nordic and Spain. You will also manage and administer OP rights related acquisitions and sales.
In this role you will regularly visit and engage with local LOP controllers across Europe as well as our internal and external stakeholders across the territory.
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have,
- Extensive experience in production accounting, or a similar financial area within production, as well as extensive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Ability to successfully partner with, support and advise senior executives on their decisions and other activities essential to the HBO Europe commercial plan
- Leadership experience
- Experience working with “Movie Magic budgeting system”/”Vista production accounting system” is an advantage
- Ability to analyse, interpret, conclude and present both financial and non-financial (mainly commercial) information confidently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to proactively collaborate and cooperate with colleagues across multiple functional departments including Finance, OP and Legal
- Advanced Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Dynamics AX, SUN and QlikView)
- Fluency in English is required
Does this sound like your next job? Send us your application today