Are you ready to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and be a part of our fantastic journey? Would you love to work with highly competent and motivated colleagues in an international environment in our modern office in the heart of Stockholm? If so, here is an opportunity for you.
About the role:
We are looking for a Junior Financial Controller who will be part of the Commercial Controlling team at HBO Europe and who will perform Finance and Accounting tasks in connection with Sales & Marketing, Direct to Consumer and Business to Business.
As Junior Financial Controller, you will report to and work closely with the Senior Commercial Controller and be a key member of the Nordic Finance team, based in Stockholm. In your daily activities, you will also interact with members of the Marketing & Distribution Department and Finance Department across other offices in HBO Europe.
- Be responsible for monthly bookings, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Be responsible for monthly accruals and follow ups regarding revenue and sales and marketing expenses
- Improve A/P sales & marketing processes
- A/R Affiliates invoicing
- Monitor A/R receivables collection status and follow-up with affiliates on the outstanding invoices
- Provide input enabling us to introduce a CRM system in HBO Nordic, HBO Spain, HBO Portugal and Baltics
- Update various weekly and monthly reports and document key processes and procedures to support annual audit inquiries
- Participate in and carry out forecasts, follow-ups and analyses regarding revenue and sales and marketing expenses
- Support the commercials team in Nordic, Spain and Portugal with ad-hoc analysis on a requested basis
- Post-secondary education - universities are extra merit
- 1-3 years of experience in financial and accounting area
- Experience in financial systems is a plus
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- Pays attention to detail, analytical and used to challenging existing procedures
- Working proactively and independently but also enjoy working in teams
- Responsible, structured and driven by the curiosity for a deeper understanding
- Organized, with strong execution and implementation skills
- Well-developed communication skills and like to work cross-functionally and in multi-cultural teams
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.