As a Payment Analyst at HBO, you will be responsible for managing the day to day direct billing system to provide pro-active monitoring and alerts. Your closest contacts will be with VP Business Intelligence & Data, System Owners at Finance & Tech and CFO HBO Nordic.
Your focus will work with both numbers and systems which implies you should have an interest in both. The purpose of this position is responsibility for analysis, monitoring and tracking of direct billing and payment solutions (credit card, PayPal, iTunes etc.) to improve the performance of payments from subscribers etc.
Tasks will include:
- Reconcile daily bill run and payment transactions.
- Track and analyze daily verifications, payment failures and retries.
- Monitor and process chargebacks and refund requests.
- Track and analyze payment updater and gateway reconciliation.
- Track and analyze transaction costs and fees related to payment gateway and merchant accounts.
- Prepare daily sales to cash reconciliations between billing system, payment gateway and merchant accounts.
- Provide reports from billing system interfaces to assist in financial system reconciliations.
Additional responsibilities for financial reporting and analysis may include:
- Produce key reporting metrics and financial dashboards and summaries highlighting significant business trends and financial results.
- Assist finance team in reporting and forecasting by providing actual data, trends and correlations between metrics and costs.
There will be opportunities to develop within the role and work more deeply with implementation and automatization regarding reports, system features and analysis. This is a role for you who are curious, likes challenges and wants to impress and develop!
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to use business intelligence tools, build spreadsheet models, and sort through complex data to crystallize business implications.
- Solid in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Access or other databases/SQL
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience working with external business partners and vendors.
- Skill at crafting a data-driven story to support management presentations.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation.
- Knowledge of payment processing, recurring billing, payment fraud, and general ecommerce is preferred, but not required. However, interest in the payments/fraud landscapes is a must.
- As a person you are: Persistent, business oriented, solutions oriented and self reliant.
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.