Reporting to the VP & Commissioning Editor, we are looking for a talented Development Executive to join our growing Original Programming team in the Nordics.
You will work collaboratively to identify and develop winning, HBO-appropriate fiction projects suitable for production, assisting in the selection of material, choice of local writers and overall project development.
- You will read, analyze and report on all incoming creative material, and write up notes on scripts in development
- You will coordinate notes/changes to developments with HBO Europe development (London) and with writers
- You will take writer meetings on your own and/or with the VP & Commissioning Editor and HBO Europe development (London)
- You will report on all projects in development to HBO Europe OP, Marketing, PR, Programming etc.
- You will assist in identifying potential talents, projects and book options
- You will research on new/young talent
- You will prepare power point presentations on slate ongoing
- Potentially you will be managing overall development of individual projects
Experience and Skills
- You are likely to be a Script Editor with extensive experience in television drama series and possibly feature films
- Understanding of the HBO brand - values and legacy
- Strong instinct for what ideas will work for HBO
- Developed understanding of the technical side of screenwriting
- Developed understanding of how to work with writers and creative producers
- Wide knowledge of the local Nordic production industry, its key players and the suppliers of talents
- Excellent spoken and written English, and at least one or more of Danish, Swedish and Norwegian
- A clear understanding and experience of the different workflows of a busy original production department
- A team player capable of working under pressure to achieve exceptional results
- Good and positive energy
The HBO Nordic Original Programming office is located in Copenhagen, but we encourage applicants from the entire Nordic region to apply