We are looking for a talented PR Manager to join HBO's Finnish team. In this role, you will be charged with handling the daily PR tasks which include servicing the Finnish press in order to increase brand awareness and consideration. You will also help with all writing assignments (including translation between Finnish and English), carrying out PR activities such as screening events, and assisting our operators/partners representing HBO in the Baltic countries with PR related questions.
By leveraging your great network of relevant journalists and your passion for crafting inspiring press releases, you will be a critical part of the Finnish team. You will follow the content schedule closely, creating long-lead press releases, requesting interviews and pushing/pitching relevant stories to the right media. You will work closely with the Nordic PR team and work closely with other Nordic teams including Marketing, Social Media, Distribution and CRM.
- Servicing Finnish press with all questions and requests they might have (i.e., interview requests, images, etc.)
- Copywriting Finnish press releases and press material
- Translating text between English and Finnish
- Proactively following up on press releases and pitching relevant stories for the right media
- Updating and maintaining the press tools, press screener, etc.
- Coordinating talent interviews and setting visits on the ground
- Serving as point of contact for the PR team to selected content providers (studios)
- Assisting the Nordic PR team with appointed tasks
- Creating PR Plans and PR Reports
- Coordinating local events, screenings and other PR related happenings
- All other PR related tasks
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated PR experience with established connections to local Finnish media, influencers within culture-entertainment, and key journalists
- Insight and passion for both international and Finnish Film/ TV industry
- Fluency in Finnish and English (written and verbal) is required
- Outgoing team player with a flexible and independent work ethic
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Do not miss out on the opportunity to join the HBO family! If you are interested please submit your resume and cover letter, in English.