Reporting to the Commissioning Editor & VP Original Programming (OP), we are looking for an experienced Head of Drama Series Development to identify and develop winning, HBO-appropriate original fiction projects suitable for HBO Nordic.
Based in Stockholm, you will work collaboratively with HBO Nordic’s team and oversee overall project development from idea through to shooting script and production.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and recommending for development HBO-appropriate scripted series and miniseries ideas
- This will include: Evaluating submissions; overseeing the selection of writers; evaluating commissioned work as it is delivered - outlines, treatments and script drafts; preparing notes for HBO executives; ensuring scripts are completed for the deadlines for decision-making and production; overseeing the story-telling process through production
- With others in the team, identifying potential HBO-appropriate projects
- Encouraging, educating, mentoring, and growing screenwriters in the region
- Preparing a monthly report on all projects in development to HBO Europe OP
To be successful in this role, we believe you will be / have:
- An experienced development producer and script editor, producer or executive producer with a track record and ‘nose’ for finding successful projects
- Proven success in identifying distinctive, innovative and channel appropriate scripted series concepts
- Personal maturity and skills to successfully encourage, mentor, and monitor the work of screenwriters and creative producers in the region
- Technical understanding of television series and miniseries screenplay writing
- Experience with a major studio or production company in a drama series development role
- Understanding of the HBO brand, values and legacy and a strong instinct for what ideas will work for HBO
- Wide knowledge of the local Nordic series writer talent base
- Excellent in reading the languages; Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and English
- Comfortable in speaking and understanding Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and English
- We encourage applicants from the entire Nordic region to apply
Does this sound like your next job? Send us your application today!
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.